Saturday, March 28, 2015

Me and My Bookshelf (29): Ft. Cheap Buys

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

Here I am with another book haul. Most of these are used books in really good condition, some brand new, a couple of remainders, but all super cheap and that's all I really care about. The only pain is the expensive shipping fee since I bought 14 of these online and from different sellers but even so, I still spent less than $100 and since I also sold some of the books I have multiple copies of, I spent waaay less.

First set of used books I got is The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins. Or at least I thought it was a trilogy but I heard there's going to be a fourth book.

*comes back from Goodreads*

So there IS going to be book 4. It's the whole trilogy in the love interest's POV. I dislike those covers, by the way. I like the eerie vibe it gives off and I'm pretty sure the story has that kind of feel to it but it makes me want to chuck the book every time I look at the model's faces. It's so cheesy.

Moving on..

Another set of used books. This trilogy has always caught my attention but I didn't think I would ever pick it up since it I thought it was a non-fiction, religious book. Not that I have anything against them. Turns out it's a sci-fi.


More used books.. I'm glad I finally have Uglies by Scott Westerfield. I've wanted to read this book for a really long time and now I have a copy! Of the first book, that is. Also got White Cat by Holly Black - finally. I've heard many good things about the series. It's a good thing I already have the second book, Red Glove, so I can get into it right after I read White Cat and all ends well.


And these are the brand new ones I got. It's really hard to stop yourself from buying books when there are warehouse sales left and right with awesome, hardcover titles for $3 and below. Take And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini for example. That book is originally $20! I've always wanted to read ANY of Hosseini's books and now I have two of them, one of which is a Goodreads Choice winner. Yay me!

Now on to the haul I am most excited about. So I went to the mall with my sister to buy a case for my ID and I had to stop by BookSale and holy crap I saw these two and there's no way I'm not getting them.


I already have In the Shadow of Blackbirds but this one is only $2 in hardcover and it's a remainder copy (not used) so I figured I'll get this and, I don't know, give it away to a friend?

The Republic of Thieves, I can't stop gushing about. I first saw a copy of this book at National Book Store. It was in trade paperback and I wanted to buy it on sight since it's probably gonna be the only paperback copy I can find except for mass market which I hate. Now I'm glad I didn't since this one is in hardcover and I bought it for only... dun, dun, dun, dun.. $3.

I can't get over how beautiful it looks in my shelf.


Also got freebies!


All books mentioned:



What books did you get this month? Leave a link below.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...