Friday, September 26, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

Saturday morning I got a text from my friend asking me to watch The Maze Runner together with my high school buddies. Unfortunately, I already saw it the previous night because I couldn't wait when I REMEMBERED - at around 5pm! - that: "Wait, The Maze Runner is showing TODAY?" 

Yep, after the events of that week - and the weeks before that - I totally forgot. I was too excited to watch it that it didn't really matter if I haven't read the book yet which I told myself that I would before seeing the movie. I texted my sister immediately, waited for her classes to finish and dragged her to the mall. It took her so long that we had no choice but to watch the 9pm showing.


Anyhoo, I definitely enjoyed watching it. It has that "Omygosh, go, go, go!" and "Run, dammit!" factor especially for something that is set in such a contained environment and focused on very few characters. In other words, action packed. I don't know if my opinion would be different if I read the book beforehand but frankly, I don't care. Plot wise, the story is your typical post-apocalyptic world where there are experiments happening to salvage what's left of it plus the twist. But I didn't mind because the actors are so great in portraying their roles. I'm not saying that because they are very well-known in the industry but because they really are great!

When the movie ended, I couldn't help but think, "Crap. I need to know what happens next! So bad." And I was pretty excited that out of the 3 books in the series, I only own one and that is the sequel, The Scorch Trials. To be honest though, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't read it when I still haven't read the first book.

Two hours later that Saturday and I got another text telling me how awesome the movie was. And I'm like, I know right? And a pretty long discussion of how many books are there, when the next movie is gonna come out, the ending, Chuck.. blah, blah, blah..

PS I'm in with Thomas. Once again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...