Saturday, August 16, 2014

Me and My Bookshelf (23): Warehouse Sale Edition

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

I didn't expect to have a book haul post this soon. I thought my next one would be two months from now when all my online orders are arriving -- book buying ban, remember? But then this happened:


So here are the books I got this week. Or rather, in the last two days. But first..

Thursday after class, I was happy just because I survived the day. Then my mom dropped a package on my lap.. and you get the picture. I was even more excited because I wasn't expecting anything from Book Depository. At first I was confused because the package was already opened and I was thinking maybe my mom did, which is unlikely. She never does that. My face must have looked weird because my sister laughed and she was like, "You're wondering why it has a tear, don't you? I did that." I forgave her pretty much on the spot because I opened the mail and saw..


Once again, I have no idea who sent this book. Thank you, though. Very much. I am seriously dying to own a copy of The Kiss of Deception ever since it came out. Anyway, let us proceed to my Warehouse Sale book haul.

I have 8 hours of break time between classes on Fridays and I was so looking forward to spending it buying cheap books but ended up doing my projects for the most of it so it wasn't until evening when I had time to visit the bookstore with my friends. I had a pretty epic time. One of my friends insisted on pushing my cart for me while looking for titles I might be interested in along with my other friend. 

One time, I put a slightly beaten up hardcover in my cart thinking I'll change it for a better looking copy if I see one. When I did, my classmates said, "We already switched it for a newer copy" Aren't they awesome? When I was calculating my total one of them said, "Wait. I'm pretty sure I saw this book at a much lesser price earlier." She came back a moment later with the cheaper book.

Okay. So it wasn't that damaging. I got all of them for only 620 pesos ($14). Ta da!

American Gods, Smoke and Mirrors, and Stardust by Neil Gaiman -- bought them because I know how much my sister loves Neil Gaiman. This is my second copy of Stardust since I lost the first one. Come to think of it, I am also missing Neverwhere. What's up with our Neil Gaiman books? 

Awakening and Full Circle by Cate Tiernan -- I already own Eclipse so I might as well buy the rest which is funny because this is a fifteen book series and Eclipse is, like, book 12, Awakening is the 5th book and Full Circle is book 14. Real nice. If only the bind-ups were available..

Hardcovers: 


I loved the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson so I'm pretty sure I would also love the Robert Jordan's books. I was happy to have found the first book in The Wheel of Time series, The Eye of the World. Sadly, the only other books I could find were Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time #9) and Knife of Dreams (The Wheel of Time #11). I almost never buy mass paperback books but the hardcovers of this series are freaking intimidating. Also, it's expensive.


Inkdeath (Inkworld #3) by Cornelia Funke -- Haven't read Inkheart but I saw the movie (liked it). Read the second book, Inkspell (loved it). Haven't read Inkdeath yet but my sister was hellbent on making me buy this. Seriously? Why always me?


Lies (Gone #3) by Michael Grant -- I haven't started this series yet but I have the first book. I had no idea which part of the series Lies is since it doesn't say anywhere on the cover or spine but lucky me it's the third book. Not as far as I thought.


Cross Roads by Wm. Paul Young -- didn't really plan on buying this but I remembered my sister raving about The Shack so I bought this for her.

Way to spend my Friday night, right? What books did you recently get? Leave a link below.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! Love Neil Gaiman. Been meaning to try Michael Grant's series. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great haul! I got The Kiss of Deception a few weeks ago but haven't gotten to it yet but I've heard that it's AMAZING! I hope you enjoy everything and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...