Monday, July 7, 2014

Review: Wings by Elizabeth Richards

Wings
(Black City #3)
by Elizabeth Richards
Published: June 12, 2014




Buy from Amazon

Following the cliffhanger ending of Phoenix, Natalie finds herself separated from Ash and unexpectedly reunited with her parents, including the father she thought was dead. But she can only think of Ash. She hasn't heard a word of him since she and Elijah were brought to the underground headquarters of the Sentry Rebellion. But she vows to find him.

Ash, meanwhile is back in Black City; it's the perfect place to hide from the Sentry government. But not for long. He won't give up on Natalie or bringing an end to the terrible reign of Purian Rose.

A pulse-racing end to an exciting series.

I waited a long and torturous time for this especially after that what-da-eff ending of Phoenix and you won't believe it but I actually thought Wings is to be released this October, so imagine my surprise when I found out that it was already released almost a month ago.

The moment I got my copy, I dropped the book I was reading at the time in favor of Wings. I was a little lost at the first few parts of the story, so I took a little time to scan Black City and Phoenix before continuing. It didn't take long for me to be engaged in the book after that but I was thrown by the addition of a new perspective which happened 30 years before. I was really intrigued on who the heck this Emdund guy is and the role he plays in the story. After a few chapters of reading his parts, I realized that I really liked it. Then I found out who he is supposed to be and woah.. that was so far from the guesses I've made.

Now is the time I have to admit that Wings was not as good as the previous book. Phoenix is, in my opinion, the best of the three. Black City and Wings had the same level of goodness. I was a bit disappointed since this book is the end of the trilogy and I was expecting an explosive one. The way it ended was a little anticlimactic. I appreciate that it ended in a kind of peaceful way without any more innocent blood but it's just that my main problem with the book is that it can be too abrupt. It doesn't let the emotion build and let me, as a reader, feel what I have to. Same as with the romance. I really missed the way it was in Phoenix.

Overall, though, this was a good and enjoyable read or I might have abandoned it instead of turning over page after page non-stop. Well, except to go to class, eat and sleep. Okay, almost non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...