Saturday, July 19, 2014

Me and My Bookshelf (22)

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

I haven’t been to a bookstore that much since school started, which also means I haven’t bought A LOT of books. I would have been glad except that the reason behind this is that I’m already broke so... I avoid going to the bookstore as much as possible so I can refrain from buying more. I ordered a few collector’s edition online and I really would love to save some of my money. But I did get a number of books since June (I think). I can’t remember. So this is a collective book haul.

Thanks Fully Booked!

My sister bought the Mistborn books as requested (by me). This trilogy is awesoooome! She thinks so, too. She also bought Fortunately, the Milk. She had her eyes on it ever since I told her about this review. She’s a big Neil Gaiman fan.

I’ve been dying to buy a copy of The School for Good and Evil so when I found out that the price is actually pretty cheap for a hardcover...


I saw Angelfall at a local bookstore and I couldn’t believe it I squealed and gushed. Quietly. But the girl beside me still looked at me weird and I wanted to say, “Dude. This is totally normal.” Anyway, I went to customer service to ask if they have any more copies but they told me that it’s the only one since it was special ordered but that someone had a change of heart so they had to put it on display. Lucky me. I know that Angelfall is only available for special order – which takes time and is much more expensive – in that store, but because of him or her, I didn’t have to wait long and I got it for its regular price.


I got Graceling for only $3 at Book Sale. This book is amazing and I’ve been planning to add it to my collection so when I saw it all alone waiting for me, I immediately bought it.


Bought Embrace for $8 and Don’t Judge A Girl by Her Cover for $5 at Keeping8simple, both in hardcover and brand-new.


Thanks to Michelle for the ARC of The Things You Kiss Goodbye. She warned me it was a DNF for her but I thought I’d give it a chance.


Thanks so much to Rachel of Fiktshun for this lovely copy of The Forever Song!


This one arrived from The Book Depository and I have no idea who it’s from. I didn’t even know I got this in the mail until I heard my sister asking around, “Whose package is this?” Right. Like there is any other person in the house who gets a TBD mail. Maybe I won this in a giveaway but I’m not sure. I wasn’t notified or anything. But THANK YOU because I’ve wanted to own this so bad.

And that’s all of it. I’m not buying any books until my online orders arrive unless it’s another you-only-get-this-cheap-once or this-is-the-only-copy-you’ll-find-in-a-long-time book. Ha! What books did you get?

4 comments:

  1. New follower via bloglovin. I see that you got a lot of good solid YA Books this week. I loved the Forever Song and thought that it was an awesome conclusion to an awesome series. Come visit me as well.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED The Forever Song. That trilogy is FABULOUS! Nice haul! Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some awesome books :) I've read and I have quite a few of those. Awesome haul and thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very, very good haul. I loved LOVED the first Mistborn book and I've recently bought the two sequels, haven't read them yet, but I'm sure I'll love them! Graceling was amazing - lucky you for getting a copy for just $3! And there are several books on this list I've been meaning to read, so I'll be looking forward to your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...