Monday, June 30, 2014

Review: United We Spy by Ally Carter

United We Spy 
(Gallagher Girls #6)
by Ally Carter
Published: September 17, 2013




Buy from Amazon

Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.

The Gallagher Girls series is probably one of my most favorite and was most obsessed with, along with Rachel Hawkin's Hex Hall trilogy. Yeah, I started reading both series at around the same year (and month) almost three years ago. I read the first four books of the Gallagher Girls in two-and-a-half days and it almost killed me to wait for the sequel.

I found Out of Sight, Out of Time (book 5) a little different from the previous books. I don't know if maybe it was because years have passed since I last read them but I think Out of Sight is more grown-up. Or maybe because I grew older and saw it differently. It's more real world experience and not just training and exercises. United We Spy is the same only it made me emotional from the very start. It’s not just because it’s the last book. It’s also their (Cammie, Bex, Liz, Macey, Zach) last semester of high school. Now my high school experience may have had a lot of downs but it also had a lot of ups that it supersedes the downs. High school is the best.

PROS AND CONS OF THE GALLAGHER SERIES BEING OVER:

PRO: No more staying up late at night thinking about spy school.
CON: NO MORE STAYING UP LATE AT NIGHT THINKING ABOUT SPY SCHOOL!!!!!

IT'S OVEEEEEERRRR!! ;(

Tsk. I dunno, really. I don't have the strength to talk about how it's goodbye to these guys I've adored since I was a kid (kind of). Also, I don't wanna spoil you of the previous books in case you haven't read it yet. But it's good. It really is especially to teens. Just beware of possible addiction to the school, the Gallagher Girls and Zach. Mmmm, maybe Mr. Solomon, as well.

And I cried. I shed so many tears. In those moments, as I was closing the book, signifying the end of another beloved series (Gallagher Girls is really close to my heart), I curse reality for suddenly creeping up on me when I still have tears on my face at two in the morning. I don't think it was the most appropriate time to remember that, "Eff. Do I seriously have an Advanced Logic Circuits and Software Engineering quiz tomorrow? Oooh.. and possibly even Java Programming. Damn, I thought I just graduated from spy school!"

*cue more tears*

My parting line, this series has been one heck of a journey for a teenage girl. It was awesome and I'm really sad to see it over. That ending was a total sobfest. I will miss everything and everyone here.

“What is a Gallagher Girl?” Liz asked one final time. “She’s a genius, a scientist, a heroine, a spy. And now we are at the end of our time at school, and the one thing I know for certain is this: A Gallagher Girl is whatever she wants to be.”

1 comment:

  1. I also had a hard time parting with this series-ender book because GG is and will always be my favorite spy book ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...