Monday, June 2, 2014

May Reads + Monthly Recap

Just when I already made up my mind not to go, my college buds called and convinced me that I should go with them for the weekend. Just when I said yes, my high school classmates planned another movie day on that same day. Damn (I now owe them lunch or dinner). And there I was totally expecting a 2-day read-a-thon before summer break is officially over. Didn't happen.

May was.. internships, club meetings, plans, late nights, late mornings, reading, blogging and being lazy the rest of the time. It's the first time since I started college that I didn't take summer classes. I still have my OJT though but it's not so bad. I was also able to catch up to my Goodreads Reading Challenge. I've been behind since January (heh). I'm not that far ahead either but I don't mind. At least I'm "on track".

This month I read 17 books (holy crap!):

   

   

   

   


..and 4 novellas:

   

I read so many great books this month. I gave All Our Yesterdays, Through the Ever Night, Into the Still Blue and Sweet Little Thing 5 Goodreads stars! Runners-up: The Beautiful and the Cursed, The Lovely and the Lost, After the End, Perfect Lies, Rebel Belle, Cracked, Crushed and Just One Night.

This month's blog post wasn't bad either:

QUICK NOTICE!
Things That Made Me Smile/Laugh Today

Book Cover Shout-outs!
Book Cover Battle: Old vs New - Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

May New Releases: Part 1
May New Releases: Part 2

Me and My Bookshelf (21)

Review: Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan
Review: Eternally Yours by Cate Tiernan
Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Review: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Review: Sweet Little Thing by Renée Carlino
Review: Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
Review: A is for Abstinence by Kelly Oram
Review: After the End by Amy Plum
Review: Justice by Jade Varden

9 reviews!!! I don't think I've written that many in a month before. Next week will be the start of another academic year for me. I won't be as free but I'm still going to blog, of course. And read (duh). But not as many as I had these past months, probably. Just thinking about all the plans we made with the student council for this semester is already a little nerve-racking. Oooh, and my sister will finally be home today after 5 months of her internship. My mom is going to pick her up at the airport this afternoon. There's a party tonight at my house but I am not going to be there until late because I really do still have reports to finish and submit tomorrow. Can't afford distractions.

PS Mom told me the other day.. "Your sister's coming home tomorrow. Where do you plan to put all the books she's bringing?" Ha! Good question. I didn't miss a beat. I just said, "BOX". No shelf space ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...