Saturday, August 10, 2013

Scarlet vs Scarlet: A Book Discussion

I honestly have no idea what I want to post today. Right now, I am thinking about what I usually post on Saturdays which is my monthly book haul but it isn't the end of the month yet. Then I remembered what my sister told me a few days back and decided to write something random.. not really. It's still book related but nothing important.

So. My sister asks me for book-to-read-next recommendations 98% of the time. And when she asked me that recently, I told her to read Cinder by Marissa Meyer which is the first book I read this year and that I really loved it. She loved it too, of course, so she recommended it to her friend who loved it as well. Anyone who read and loved Cinder would immediately look for the sequel Scarlet which was what she did. Lucky her, I have it in paperback and e-book. And while she prefers to read it in physical copy, she opted to lend her friend the one in e-book form when her friend asked if she have a copy she could borrow. Thing is, I have two books in my reader with the title Scarlet and the one by A.C. Gaughen would be first on the list which my sister didn't know so I guess that's the one she let her friend read without checking out the details.

Both books are so good so no regrets, but what happened was.. according to my sister, she and her friend were hanging out together; she was done reading, her friend is ALMOST done.. and then they're talking.

FRIEND: This is really good. It's like Robin Hood.
MY SISTER: *confused* You mean.. Red Riding Hood, right?
F: *confused* No. It's really Robin Hood.

*discussing their fave parts in the book - which doesn't make sense until..*

MS: I don't remember that part but I really loved Scarlet and Wolf's parts..
F: Why haven't I met Wolf yet?
MS: What? But you're almost finished..

dun-duh-duh-duuuuun...

MS: What book are you reading?!

dun-dun-dun-duuun..

No harm done, since her friend was now obsessed with Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen, its beautiful cover and later discovered her love for GIFs in reviews. Now my sister is the one reading it, obsessing with the cover and endlessly gushing about it to me. It's exhausting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...