Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton

Shadows in the Silence
(Angelfire #3)
by Courntney Allison Moulton
Published: January 29, 2013




Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.

Well, what can I say, really? This series has got me in a way I never expected it to. Honestly, the reason why I bought and decided to read Angelfire in the first place is not because of a positive review or a recommendation. The summary isn't that striking either. It even sat in my TBR pile for a long time before I finally picked it up. But the moment I finished it, I can't get enough! And now what? You're giving me the last book?! Cruel. *sniff* So cruel.

It's ironic. When a really good book ends with a cliffhanger and you have to wait for a freaking year to read what happens next but then knowing it's going to be the last book.. *shakes head* When I finished Wings of the Wicked, I was on the verge of losing my mind (that's a typical reaction when it comes to cliffhangers). One year after and finally when Shadows in the Silence came out, I am soo torn! Of course, I wanted to read it. IMMEDIATELY. But that also means that I'll finish it just as fast. Yeah, endings do that to me. The more you love a book, the harder it is to let go. And now I did, I read it, I let it go, but not before mulling over everything that's happened with Ellie, Will, and Cadan. The first thing that came to mind when I was done: I'm going to re-read the whole series!

I loved it! That much is certain. It's kick-ass (duh, this book wouldn't be what it is if that's missing), engaging, and left me wishing for a continuation in the end. A lot has happened in this book! Look forward to heartbreaking, funny, romantic and action-packed moments,  get to know a lot of new characters, travel to different places.. this would make an awesome movie. Especially the fight scenes - they're wicked! Oh, and let's not forget the romance. The best thing I liked about Ellie and Will's relationship is how they act towards each other. Even if their relationship is forbidden (I know), they still love each other and if they can't have that in a romantic aspect, then they do as best friends. That's the quality that sets them apart from other pairs out there. I admire that most about them. This, too, means that they are solid from the start. THIS, also means that Cadan is mine. Woo-hoo! Don't get me wrong. I love Will, I absolutely do. But you can't expect me to compete with an archangel. Dude, I'd be like dust compared to Ellie, so okay. Cadan is swoon-worthy, trust me!

Shadows in the Silence is an amazing finale to the series. I was not disappointed; sad, yes, that's inevitable (there might have been a lot of crying) but I'm happy with the way it ended, not because it ended. Now here comes the hard part. The only thing I DISLIKED in this book is that IT HAS TO END! Why, oh, why? I don't want this to end! I love this too much to let go! But I did, so I'm patting myself in the back for doing an incredibly good job at moving on. *huff* Fine. Fine. I'm still hoping here.. a spin-off maybe?

Words!
*In my hurry to go to school I totally forgot this part yesterday.

“You were such a pain sometimes, and made it so difficult at first for me to fall into my duty as your Guardian, to obey you when most of the time, I just wanted to snap back at you. But you never gave up and you fought with everything you had. I saw your kindness, your fathomless selflessness and immeasurable, divine beauty. It was moments like these, where even wild horses couldn’t deny the strength of your presence and heart, that made me want to fight until I couldn’t fight anymore—just to be by your side. I remember this very dawn, in this very meadow among the white horses, because in this very moment, I realized that I was in love with you.”
-Will
_______________________

She made a hideous, brutish sound. “You will never see the ends of his armies. They blanket the Earth as a storm blankets the sky, but the sun will never rise again.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, yeah. You demonic all think you’re Shakespeare. Really nice. Good-bye.” Then I took off her head and the rest of her burned up.
_______________________

When I released him, he smiled up at me a little deliriously. “You’re a beautiful angel. You glow. And you’re badass. Just as I thought you’d be. You never disappoint.”

“Hit on me later,” I said with a grin. “We’ve got a war to win.”

2 comments:

  1. This cover is gorgeous,Makes me wanna just go out and buy it.It's so eye catching!

    New follower here. I stumbled across your blog through a Book blogs thread.Seeing as how your blog is still active,I decided to sign up(Many people up there don't seem active don't know why)

    I look forward to your future posts and hope i can get some great suggestions from your list of reviews.Hope i can see you back at either one of my blogs.

    guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com

    yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. This is one of my favorite series ever!

      I don't frequent Book Blogs now but I'm so glad you found my blog. Thanks for following! I'll make sure to stop by yours.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...