Friday, April 8, 2016

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Movie


Earlier this year I read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Before everything else, let me say this: English isn't my first nor my second language. I am not very fluent and we didn't have Jane Austen and the like in our high school reading list. That said, Pride and Prejudice was really hard for me to get into and I struggled reading it at first but enjoyed it eventually. Still, the language barrier made me sad. I felt like I didn't get to experience the story in its fullness and that is just disheartening.

Then there's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith which I didn't have the heart to pick up because of my P&P reading experience. I've also read a lot of negative reviews about it which didn't help my reservations any. I was, however, excited for the movie adaptation when I saw the trailer.



Looks badass, right? It doesn't hurt that a lot of people said they really enjoyed the movie. So I'd gone ahead and watched it, too. And I loved it!!! It was funny, kick-ass, and it made me appreciate the Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy romance more than in the original Jane Austen book (I'm not really into drama and romantic movies so I didn't watch any of the P&P movies). Lily James and Sam Riley are perfect for the Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy roles. I love them so much!

Source

I made my sister watch the movie and she told me the next day that she dreamt of zombies and Mr. Darcy the night before, after watching it. Can't blame her. Sam Riley IS dreamy.

Source
Source

So, yes, go watch this movie if you haven't yet. Although I would recommend it more to the Jane Austen fans than the hardcore zombie fans. Me? I wouldn't mind watching it over and over again.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't decide if I will watch this one. Maybe. I didn't enjoy P&P and the book for Pride and prejudice and zombies I only liked a little better. Thanks for the review and I may still see it just to see because it looks so good from the trailer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You should give the movie a try. It's really fun :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...