Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January 2016 Reads + Monthly Recap

Goodness, is it February already? I haven't even gotten a good look at my 2016 goals enough to make a great start. LOL. It had been a really busy month actually. I was swamped with work since Christmas vacation and things aren't going to be easy until the end of February. Way to go, 2016! But freedom is oh so close and one more month of very little to no sleep won't bring me down.

That said, I am currently 1 book behind schedule on my 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge. I swear I am going to catch up this summer. It was still a pretty good reading month, considering. A big thanks to the Clean Slate Read-a-Thon which is the main reason why I am not as behind as I dreaded. My TBR pile for this week-long event consisted of four books and I read three of them even though I had enough time to start and finish the last one -- work couldn't help itself but get in the way. Also, I am proud that I stuck to my TBR.

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) Vengeance Road Emmy & Oliver Crossed (Soul Eater #3)

These were great reads, too! Except for Vengeance Road which is disappointing. I was really looking forward to reading it but it wasn't as good as I had hoped.

The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1) Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1) Can't Let Go

I also picked up a few short reads for when I was at my busiest but still wanted to get some reading done, and a couple of 2016 releases. It a was great mix, all in all.

Sword and Verse (Sword and Verse, #1) Firsts

January Posts:






Where I Live... I Love It Here

How about you? How did your month go? What books did you read this January? Share them below!

7 comments:

  1. I really want to check out An Ember in the Ashes. It sounds so good!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! You should definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to summer as well!! I'd have to set up a huge tbr list for that one && really hope I can get around to some of my personal reading challenges by then.

    Hope you'll have a great February ahead, Haraiah! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Vengeance Road so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's something fun you might like, and I also want to read Vengeance Road!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/02/my-tbr-vote-for-which-book-i-read-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Emmy & Oliver last month too! I also read Winger and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. Great reads!
    - Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...