Wednesday, October 8, 2014

QUOTABLE QUOTES

SO. Last night I woke around 11PM, ate my dinner (yeah, my schedule is messed up) and wondered what to do next, still in a post-sleep haze. I was about to find something to read when I got sidetracked by the quotes I have in my computer so yeah. Blog post. Why not?

These aren't all deep or thoughtful or the best quote ever or something. But they made me smile or remember a certain part I really liked in the book. I love to go over them sometimes and just enjoy. These are randomly picked since I have A LOT of them in my laptop. Here are some for you to enjoy as well.

Rafa glances at me as we walk. His hair looks fairer out here in the sunlight. Right now I’d like to run my fingers through it, get a good handful, and smack his head into the brick wall we’re passing.
Haze by Paula Weston

‘You believe what he’s saying—that they’re demons?’
Simon nods.
‘Like, from hell?’
‘No,’ Rafa says, ‘from Comic-Con.’ He shakes his head. ‘Yes, from hell.’
Haze by Paula Weston

“I hate uncomfortable silences,” Noah said […] “It’s true,” he continued. “I totally freak out when people look at me, as well.”
“I call shenanigans,” I said, as the sounds of Miami floated in through the window.
“What?” Noah looked at me, all innocence.
“You’re not shy.”
“No?”
“No,” I said, narrowing my eyes. “And pretending to be makes you look like a jackass.”
Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

There is a guy sitting next to me with beautiful green eyes and a beautiful sculpted face and a beautiful way of thinking. There’s no such thing as a bad bus ride when you’re in the company of something beautiful.
The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski

“Pain is pain, babe.” Every time he calls me ‘babe’ I notice it more than anything else he says. “Just because one person’s problem is less traumatic than another’s doesn’t mean they’re required to hurt less.”
The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski

“I’m waiting,” he tells me.
“You sing me a song.”
“I’m pedaling,” he says, but then he starts like a dog going crazy at the moon.
“Okay, stop. I’ll sing.”
“Too late. I’ve started.”
“You sound like you’re in pain.”
“I’m pedaling up a hill with a girl on the handlebars while I’m singing. I am in fucking pain. No, don’t laugh. Don’t, you’ll tip us. Don’t. Shit.”
A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley

“It’s not like I’m trying to do their job for them and chasing after criminals. I purposefully try to stay out of their business. I only help with emergency rescues and stuff. Firemen love me! Why can’t the police? You know some jerk just pulled his gun on me for saving a woman’s life? There was a nasty crash on I-70 outside of Denver. This lady was pinned beneath the steering wheel and the paramedics were waiting for the Jaws of Life, so I offered to forgo the wait and rip the door off the car. The firemen were all, ‘Hell yeah!’ and the policeman was like, ‘Don’t move, Angel!’”

“He pulled a gun on you?” Teddy liked that about as much as Ryan would.

“Stuck the stupid thing right in my face! Of course, I did it anyway. The freaking car was on fire! I totally called the cop’s bluff. I mean, what was he going to do, shoot me and let the lady burn to death? He didn’t want her to die, either. So I pulled the door off the car and held the front dash up while the paramedics safely pulled the lady out of the car. As soon as she was clear of the vehicle I turn around and there’s a freaking pistol practically being shoved up my nose. Can you believe that! So I said, ‘What’s your problem, jerk?’ and the cop was all, ‘There’s a warrant out for your arrest. You need to come with me.’ And I was like, ‘Oh yeah? Make me, Dunkin’ Donuts.’ I mean, the guy was seriously overweight and he—”

“Hey Jamie, take a breath.”
More Than Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

Dear Servant,

First of all, it was my direct order for you never to email me again. For this offense, you shall be beheaded tomorrow at dawn. Be there, or we’ll just behead you elsewhere. I can wait.
...
Without pity,

Your Highness of All Things Chocolate
Click to Subscribe by L.M. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...