Thursday, September 20, 2012

From Page to Film: Stardust



When we hear of a favorite book being turned into a movie, we are very much anticipating at how it will turn out. In a way, there are things that we are looking for when this happens. Will it be satisfying for our taste? Will it be just as good, suspenseful and clever as it was on page? If we loved the book, our expectations for the movie are much higher and more searching. And most of the time there are things that we can’t help complaining about after like, “That was not in the book”, and “Why is this scene not included? That was supposed to be the best part!” But the reason movies are not entirely the same with the book is that those who made them wants viewers to experience a different kind of suspense we need that was for instance, not in the book. It is because we already know everything in the story that we may as well find it boring since it was just that, a word by word transformation of a book to real life.
                 
There are many movies out there from books that I’ve seen and loved just as much. One of my favorites is Stardust based on the book with the same name written by Neil Gaiman.


Stardust is an awesome and beautiful book with very clever twist and turns that left you guessing and surprised till the end. So originally, I really loved the book. And the movie is just as good! I admit there are a lot of differences but I’m not complaining. I can’t even remember what those differences are in the end. There is the suspense, romance, and a whole lot of humor. I loved the cast, the place, everything! All in all, it was very satisfying and the type of movie I’d watch again and again. 


Watch the Trailer:

6 comments:

  1. not sure if i liked the movie rendition of this book........it had no emotion whatsoever.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I definitely loved it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I used to watch this all the time and I liked the adaption :) Great post and great blog design.
    Alex @ Possession of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much of true love romances anymore ..hard to find them as much to find them in the real word ..love to see more like these in the near future

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...