Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: Awry by Chelsea Fine

Awry (The Archers of Avalon #2)
by Chelsea Fine
Published: June 12, 2012



Sometimes love is meant to be. But sometimes...love is the death of you....

Seventeen-year-old Scarlet has just died. Only, dying isn't unusual for a girl under a centuries old curse that left her semi-immortal.

This time, though, she comes back to her current life instead of awaking in a new one, and she realizes the curse is changing. Together with the immortal Archer brothers, Scarlet must piece together her life and try to break the curse before her impending death comes again.

Oh, man. The whole time I was reading this book, I was anxious that it would end real soon, and I don't wan't it to! I was so lost in the book that I haven't noticed I'm so close to finishing until I flipped to the next page, eager to find out what happens next and saw the word ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

I really love Awry! It's amazing and so much better than the first book! It started right where Anew ended with that ultimate cliffhanger. If the first book left the readers with tons of questions about the whole mystery of their past, well Awry is the answer to all of that. I'm glad to have finally found out the story behind the curse, how it all started, and knowing Scarlet, Tristan and Gabriel's life before the curse was brought to them.

The plot was just awesome and although I'm not a fan of Scarlet at first, I learned to like her in Awry after I learned her story. And she's very badass, really. I admired her choices in the end and am totally satisfied with it. The romance includes a love triangle, of course, although not a very annoying one since it has a story behind it, which is a perk. It also has a nice dose of humor in it that left me laughing at certain parts.

The ending. That ending was.. was.. I can't even put words into it. Ugh! It's a total cliffhanger! I don't know, but I just LOVE IT!!! It makes me more eager to read the book even if it's a really big pain. Good thing I don't have to wait a year to read it. I can't wait for the next installment! I am so looking forward to it.

If you haven't read the first book yet, go ahead and do so!

Anew (The Archers of Avalon #1)
by Chelsea Fine

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice. 

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer. 

Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...