Wednesday, August 3, 2016

July 2016 Reads + Monthly Recap

I've spent majority of 2016, from January to May, barely sleeping and working non-stop. Things have died down since this June and I think that is the reason why I've been feeling so lazy and unmotivated lately. Pssh. I hate this feeling but I don't know what to do to get out of it :(

Anyway, another not so good reading and blogging month here but it's better than last month, at least. I continue to hope that August will be the month when everything picks up and I feel like myself again.

Books I read this July:

Julia Vanishes Suite 269 Finding Perfect A Monster Calls

My favorites were Finding Perfect and A Monster Calls. Will have my review of them both up this month!


Short Story:

Guys Do Not Do Secret Santa (Hundred Oaks, #0.5)

I just found out about a Catching Jordan short story called Guys Do Not Do Secret Santa and I obviously had to read it ASAP. I loved it. It's so sweet and I missed everyone in Catching Jordan especially Henry.


July Blog Posts:

July 2016 New Releases
June 2016 Reads + Monthly Recap

Review: The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas
Review + Giveaway: Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan


WHAT. EVEN. Sad. So sad.

On a positive note, I started watching Gilmore Girls this July. I am obsessed!!!

4 comments:

  1. A Monster Calls has been on my wishlist for so long. still can't find it on the bookstore. just how suckish is that? I hope you feel motivated soon. I'm sure everyone understands :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Monster Calls was really good! I got it a really long time ago so I'm not sure if it's available in local bookstores now. Maybe you can request for it :)

      Delete
  2. I understand what you're feeling, Haraiah. Maybe you're in the brink of a slump? In my case, I really took a long break from reading and blogging because I've been feeling unmotivated and lazy to blog or to read. Plus having a slump didn't help too. :( Maybe give it time? Take a break if you need to. It helps. :)

    Alyssa @ Diary of a Book Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm just taking it slowly right now. It's been this way for months now :( I think my mind and body is trying to make up for all the lost sleep and too much brain activity. LOL.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...