Thursday, March 17, 2016

Review: How Willa Got Her Groove Back by Emily McKay

How Willa Got Her Groove Back (Creative HeArts, #2)
How Willa Got Her Groove Back
(Creative HeArts #2)
by Emily McKay
Published: February 22, 2016




Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains an unbelievably hot bad boy, an unbelievably famous actress, and all the drama that comes with adding both to your family. Oh, and a forbidden flirtation with a soon-to-be stepbrother.

When Willa Schofer’s father comes home from a business trip with an über-famous new fiancée, Willa’s senior year blows up in paparazzi-fueled flames. Overnight, she has a new house, a new car, and a new soon-to-be stepbrother—the unbelievably hot, unbelievably arrogant, Finn McCain. Thank god he’s constantly pushing her buttons, or she might do something irresponsible. Like fall for the jerk.

Just when Willa’s decided to avoid him for, oh, ever, Finn lands in the center of her senior project team. Seriously—how hard is it to shake a guy? At least her work on the project snagged the attention of the (second) hottest guy in school. He might only be into her because of her famous stepmom, and he’s not quite as exciting as a certain annoying housemate, but at least she’s allowed to crush on the guy.

Because crushing on your annoying stepbrother? So not cool.

**Willa and Finn book 1 of 3


To be honest, I don't really know what to say about this book. Contemporaries *sigh*.

It's Willa and her dad against the world but suddenly he comes home from work with a new fiancée. A FAMOUS fiancée. I get Willa's hang-ups. I really do. It's bad enough that her dad said nothing to her about any of it. Worse, she has to get used to a different lifestyle in the course of a night. She loves her dad deeply and she doesn't want him to get his heart broken -- all good intentions. My problem with Willa, though, is she doesn't even give Mia (the fiancée) a chance. I found Willa a bit condescending and judgmental and ungrateful. She find problems in situations where there is none! Like, why can't you just say thanks and deal with it. No need to find a hidden motive in every little thing. Take Finn, for instance. He was made out to be the jerk when I found him to be actually a really nice person. He has to be reserved and cool given that his mom is a celebrity but COME ON Willa! Give the guy a freaking chance.

There isn't really anything new in here but I quite liked it. I mean, it was okay. Clichéd, but if you like this kind of story line then I say go for it.

How Willa Got Her Groove Back is the second book in the Creative HeArts series which I believe is a novel sequence and each book can be read as a stand-alone. A STAND-ALONE. I so did not expect Willa and Finn's story to have a sequel and it was upsetting. I was really eager for the story to be over but then... a cliffhanger. Anyway, I didn't read Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru (book 1) but after reading How Willa Got Her Groove Back, I wanted to know Sloane and Tru's story.

*A review copy was provided by NetGalley and the publisher for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...